Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Here we go again!!!

I'm in much better spirits today so I'm hoping this won't be as "bah-humbug" as my last post!

As I mentioned before, Chris and I had plans to see PS#2 and her husband last weekend. Unfortunately, those plans were at a public event and well, it wasn't really the time or place for a topic this heavy! Thankfully, we were able to chat at least a little bit - long enough for her to tell me that they're still on board (yay!) However, she did admit they are a little concerned about carrying multiples (understandably - that would make anyone a little nervous, I'm sure!) I expressed my worries that they were having second thoughts but she assured me they weren't. Still, I spent the rest of the weekend and yesterday feeling very scared that they might change their mind, since there is a realistic chance we might just get more than one baby. As I told her - we're not TRYING for multiples. We just want a baby. Yet, it's very likely that we will transfer more than one embryo, so the possibility of having twins is very real. I've mentioned in previous posts that the number we transfer will depend on many things but we definitely have limits. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Anyway - I've been preparing myself for a change of heart. I connected with her today and she again assured me that they are not having second thoughts, and they already had a call out to her neurosurgeon to approve. Wait a second. You're probably thinking: "Neurosurgeon?? Why would neuro be involved?!" Let me explain.

We have a bit of a unique situation with PS #2, in that she suffered a brain aneurysm several years ago. It was a really close call and needless to say, she is closely monitored by her neurologist and neurosurgeon. (I could start a whole 'nother blog about how scary that day was. I'm SO thankful that she's still here with us, and not just because she's offering to have a baby for us!!) It's important to all of us that her brain doctors are comfortable with this whole situation before we go any further in this process, obviously.

Well, we already heard back, and, the answer is YES! PS#2 texted me this afternoon to let me know that her neurosurgeon has no problem at all with her being a surrogate. I'm ecstatic!!!!! She told me to go ahead and have the paperwork sent to her. AHH!!! I'm beyond thrilled that we're exploring another avenue just one short week after getting the bad news about PS#1. I really did think it would take longer for PS#2 to get the go-ahead. Finally, something with a quick turnaround! :-)

Excited as I am, I have to again be patient. Dawn will be sending "the packet" to PS#2 and then we wait. And wait some more. But I can't complain right now; I'm too happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment