Thursday, October 25, 2012

I love you, Mom!

I just have to give a shout out to my mom (as much as she'll probably hate this!!)

Mom called me last night to tell me she saw an article about a 60-year old woman who carried her daughter's child, and that, even though she's almost 65, she's wants to talk to her oncologist (yes, oncologist - she has breast cancer for crying out loud!) to see if she could carry our baby.

Mom - you have no idea what that meant to me. And even though I'd never let you do it, I can't even express how loved you made me feel in that moment. As always, you're completely selfless. THANK YOU. I love you.

(And we won't mention how weirded out Chris was at the thought of his mother-in-law carrying our baby..... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awe aren't mom's the best! This brought tears to my eyes!! My mom is one of my best friends!! (And Cole would have totally been creeped out just like Chris!! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you mom had breast cancer... sorry to hear it. I hope she's on her way to a full recovery. What a great mom you have :)

    ReplyDelete