Tuesday, February 19, 2013

PS #3

It's been awhile since I've posted - sorry for the delay! I think part of me just needed time to let things settle before picking back up again, but many of you have been anxiously awaiting updates, so here goes!

You probably gathered by this post's title that we have another potential surrogate! Let me introduce you to PS#3. :-)

(Sidebar: this is actually our 6th potential surrogate. Yes - SIXTH. However, I've only fully discussed those that have made it as far as working with their doctors. Just a little clarification so you have a bit more insight into how much we need to catch a break, SERIOUSLY. For the sake of my sanity, I hope the 6th time's a charm!!!)

Anyway - PS#3 is another person very close to us; someone we know well and trust completely. How amazingly blessed are we that we've had not one, not two, but SIX people in our lives offer to do this for us; three of which have been full speed ahead?? Trust me, this fact is not lost on me. Dawn (the coordinator at CRM) was in utter disbelief when I told her we had another PS. She said most people can't even find one, let alone three! (Well, six, but she doesn't even know about the first three attempts.) In Dawn's words, it is "a true testament of how loved we must be, to have so many people in our lives who want to help us in this way." I didn't even know what to say to that - it's very humbling. We are blessed and not a day goes by without me realizing it.

I'm really good at getting off track, aren't I?? Back to PS#3. I can't give full disclosure at this point, but the great news is that her doctor has already fully signed off on her being our carrier. According to her doctor, there is no medical reason why she couldn't do it - she's completely healthy, had a healthy pregnancy and delivery, carried to term (and then some - she was overdue!), and has never had any type of medical procedure, surgery, disease, etc. that would be cause for concern - yay!!

So where does this leave us? In the short term, it leaves us with more WAITING. (I love waiting. Waiting is my favorite! Is there anything better??) PS#3 recently went off birth control, and is now waiting to get her period. Once that happens, her doctor can perform the necessary physical exam, which will be sent to Dr. Campbell for approval. At this point, then, we're primarily waiting for Mother Nature. :-) Unfortunately, most of the steps in this whole process must be done in sequential order, so we're at somewhat of a standstill until PS#3 starts cycling again. So, everyone, pray for Aunt Flo to hurry up and arrive so we can get this show on the road! :-) (Did I really just call a period "Aunt Flo"?? Have I regressed to 1950? Maybe all this waiting is actually making me travel backwards in time......)

Speaking of time travel - did any of you ever read "The Time Traveler's Wife? It took me a bit to wrap my head around it, but I ended up enjoying it! I also can't wait to read "11/22/63" by Stephen King, which also involves time travel, from what I've heard/read. Maybe I should start another blog about books. If I did, my first entry would be called "50 Shades of the WORST Writing EVER". Wait, I'm getting off track again - sorry!

Back to the topic at hand - I feel confident that Dr. Campbell will find no reason NOT to approve PS#3, so while we wait, we've been looking for things we can do to prepare for next steps. PS#3 and I reviewed her insurance policy, and found that her insurance will actually cover surrogacy!!!! She even called and confirmed it, just to be sure - I was ecstatic!! This will save us a HUGE amount of money. As I've mentioned in a previous post, a carrier is required to have insurance that covers surrogacy. If they don't, we would have to purchase a plan for them that does (which we would have had to do with both PS#1 and PS#2.) I hate thinking about our future child/children in terms of money, but that's the reality of our situation. The fact that she already has insurance is a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

I also started looking for surrogacy lawyers, and found one I'm very interested in contacting when the time comes. Other than that, there's not much we can do but wait and hope for the best. Fingers crossed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment