Friday, June 7, 2013

The New List......

Hello all! It's been so fun getting your reactions to my last blog post - they keep trickling in and I appreciate all the wonderful texts, emails, FB messages, and phone calls!

In my last post, I made a call for reasons being pregnant is amazing. I knew I could count on my wonderful (and hilarious!) friend MJ to supply me with plenty (just as she supplied me with lots of reasons why it's not. :-) She is one of the best people to have around when you need to weigh the pros and cons of anything, and she's always there, period. For that, MJ, I thank you and love you!!!

Here is the "new list" so far, as quoted by MJ.

1. ) You can eat with reckless, and I do mean reckless, abandon. Eating bowls of ice cream and plates of banana cream pie with ZERO guilt were just a few (of many) of my pregnancy highlights.

2.) You can temporarily be a sober cab for your drunk friends and relatives! Think of the money you will save all of them in cab fare.

3.) Having a big gut is actually fun and endearing! Trust me, no normal person wants to rub a big hairy beer belly but a big preggo belly is like its own Buddha.

4.) When others are hungover, you can smile and feel content knowing your head isn't on fire and you aren't dry heaving into the nearest receptacle.

5.) You will truly have the best excuse (not that you need one) to nap, couch, and well, do a lot of nothing. You are growing a baby after all, and that's a lot of damn work!

6.) Feeling that little baby move for the first time is nothing short of amazing. You get to know that little one before anyone else in the whole world does; what an honor and privilege.

I love these and can tell you that I've already experienced #1 (minus the banana cream pie, but add Kraft macaroni & cheese), #2 (thanks to my husband and Amy & Joe Kruse, ha ha!) #4 (again, thanks to Amy Kruse - jeez, what a party animal! :-), and #5 (thanks to Game of Thrones and Bravo. Speaking of GofT, OMG to the last episode!!!!!! No spoiler alerts here, but if you watch it, you know what I'm talking about! And thank you Bravo, for the return of Real Housewives of New Jersey - my favorite of all guilty pleasures.)

The big belly and feeling the baby kick are coming.......can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment