Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's a date!

Hi all! In my last post, I outlined the next steps in our journey - the SIS, trial transfer & psych testing. I'm happy to report we've set a date! May 28th! Yes, it's two months away but let me tell you - trying to coordinate the schedules of a doctor, a psychologist, and four working people is not easy - I'm just happy we're not looking into next year! :-)

This is bound to get interesting (as if it hasn't been already!) We are scheduled to be at the psych counselor's office ALL DAY on May 28th. Like, literally. Arrive at 10:45 AM and scheduled until 6 PM. (How sad is it that my very first concern with this was "um, what about lunch???") So what the heck are we going to be doing that whole time? Nothing but FUN! (I say that somewhat facetiously - I love this kind of stuff but I think it will be particularly painful for the guys. :-)

All four of us have to take the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory). In the scheduler's words, it's "the SAT's of your personality and emotions". Like I said, painful for the guys, right??! We then have three sessions with the counselor - one couples session for us, a couples session for PS#3, and then a session for all four of us. Wow! As I told PS #3, "let's get ready to get to know ourselves!!"

Don't you think all intended parents should have to do this kind of self-evaluation before having kids?? I know I've said that before, but I really think the world might be a different place if everyone had to reflect this much on if and why they really want to be parents. Just sayin'. :-) But, we're learning so much about ourselves, our marriage, and the kind of parents we want to be. It's like that saying: "out of every hardship comes opportunity." (Wait, is that a real saying, or did I make that up?) Whatever - with that being said, we're blessed!

3 comments:

  1. so happy to see this is moving forward... continuing to pray for you all during this long process. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how everything is starting to work out for you and Chris!! Yay for babies! I really agree that people should really have to go through a deep evaluation of their lives before they have children! It's very unfortunate that you are going through this but God only gives us what we can handle! You and Chris are strong!! Praying for more positive posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that things seem to finally be moving forward for you guys. You deserve this goodness in your life! I hope yesterday and the "SAT personality" Tests went well :) Take care and know that I pray for you guys daily.

    ReplyDelete